Why Test Your Hormones?
Saliva Testing of Hormones
Advantages of saliva vs blood testing are:
- Saliva collection is easy
- Saliva testing can be done anywhere, any time
- Blood has to be drawn at a lab or doctor's office
- Saliva testing is much more accurate when testing hormones than blood testing
- Hormones in saliva are exceptionally stable, allowing samples to be easily handled and shipped
- Saliva testing can be done at home, allowing men and women both to take more control over their health and monitor the effects of treatments
Hormone Testing for Women and Men:
Saliva testing is the most accurate way to measure your hormone levels. The highly accurate and advanced technology of ZRT Laboratories makes testing your hormones at home very easy. Knowing your hormone levels is an important first step in assessing if your hormone levels are balanced, or if your current natural hormone regimen is working for you. This test will tell you if your symptoms may be due to a hormone imbalance. This is the fast, simple and accurate way to find out what’s really going on with your hormones. You can purchase the 2 hormone test kit here, and we’ll promptly mail it to you with specific instructions on how to collect our saliva and where you mail your completed collection. If you read through the instructions and feel that you want more than 2 hormones tested, you can send payment with the test kit and get additional hormones tested. Once the lab has analyzed your saliva, a detailed report is mailed to your home. They also give you phone numbers you can call if you have any questions about your results.
Why Not Get a Blood Test from Your Doctor?
Many doctors rely on blood tests. Unfortunately blood tests measure the serum (the liquid between the blood cells) and it is very difficult to get an accurate measure.
How Can Saliva Hormone Testing Help You?
It can identify possible causes of health problems. For example: if there is an imbalance of estrogens and progesterone, it can cause depression and hormone problems.
Saliva testing can be used to guide supplementation, to determine if your dosage of progesterone cream is correct. Too much estrogen, relative to progesterone, leads to excessive tissue proliferation, whereas too much progesterone in the absence of adequate estrogen can exacerbate estrogen deficiency problems.
Hormone supplementation is an important aspect of anti-aging; restoration and maintenance of hormone parameters at youthful levels is one strategy that may extend your healthspan (span of healthy, productive years). Hormone testing is crucial for this approach as it is imperative not to exceed levels that might lead to adverse side effects.
The saliva test kit is prepaid for two hormones. Which two are tested? Well, that is up to you. Included with the kit you will find information on all of the hormones you can have tested. Usually women test Estradiol and Progesterone and men will test Progesterone and Testosterone. All of the information is included along with ordering info, should you wish to order additional tests.
Balance Your Hormones Naturally
- What is Progesterone?
- What is Estrogen Dominance?
- Hormonal Imbalance and PMS
- Fertility and Miscarriage
- Men’s Hormone Health
- Why Test Your Hormones?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Site References
- Kokoro® Ingredients
- Proposition 65 Cancer Warning Info
- Where Can I Get Professional Help?
- Free Ebook: Good, Better, Best
- Hormone Related Products
Balance Your Immune System Naturally
- The Immune System
- Why Immuno-Care?
- Colds and Flu
- Cardio Vascular Disease and Cholesterol
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Antioxidants, Sterols and Inflammation, a Natural Approach
- Immuno-Care™ Ingredients per Capsule
- Suggested Use and Cautions
- Vitamin D Deficiency - Who is at Risk?
- Vitamin D is an Essential Hormone
- Why Test for Vitamin D?
- How Much Vitamin D to Take?