Colds and Flu
Sheldon Cohen, MD of Carnegie Mellon University of Pittsburgh, says, the connection between psychological stress and infection by respiratory viruses is clear. When the body’s immune system is under stress, his research has shown that the interleukin-6 is secreted by our immune system. Interleukin-6 is known to suppress the immune function. This process allows unwanted viruses to enter the body and cause illness.
Phytosterols can modulate both an under producing and an over performing immune system
Consequently, it can help to alleviate symptoms of colds and flu. This balancing effect may enhance the ability of the T-lymphocytes to release the factors that ultimately regulate cellular functions in the body. With the many viruses that are now capable of suppressing immunity, it is wise to use Immuno-Care on a regular basis to help avoid potential infection.
Beta sitosterol (found in ImmunoCare) protects the immune system by stimulating the activity and proliferation of CD-4 T-cells and NK killer cells to combat infection (1).
The formulation in ImmunoCare of phytonutrients, powerful natural antioxidants and a complex of essential fatty acids have shown to be effective in the treatment of colds and flu. The symptoms associated with these conditions leave the body much quicker and the immune system goes into high gear to return the system to optimum health.
(1) International Journal of Immunopharmacology, 1996, Volume 18
Balance Your Hormones Naturally
- What is Progesterone?
- What is Estrogen Dominance?
- Hormonal Imbalance and PMS
- Fertility and Miscarriage
- Men’s Hormone Health
- Why Test Your Hormones?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Site References
- Kokoro® Ingredients
- Proposition 65 Cancer Warning Info
- Where Can I Get Professional Help?
- Free Ebook: Good, Better, Best
- Hormone Related Products
Balance Your Immune System Naturally
- The Immune System
- Why Immuno-Care?
- Colds and Flu
- Cardio Vascular Disease and Cholesterol
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Antioxidants, Sterols and Inflammation, a Natural Approach
- Immuno-Care™ Ingredients per Capsule
- Suggested Use and Cautions
- Vitamin D Deficiency - Who is at Risk?
- Vitamin D is an Essential Hormone
- Why Test for Vitamin D?
- How Much Vitamin D to Take?